Transcripts cover policy and political events such as congressional hearings, briefings and TV show interviews. Transcripts are nearly verbatim accounts of what was said at an event and are transcribed and edited by a human; they are not machine-generated.
Here are the types of events CQ covers.
Two-Day Turnaround Time
Transcripts are always generated for the following committees on a 2-day turnaround time.
- Senate Appropriations
- Senate Armed Services
- Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Budget
- Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation
- Senate Foreign Relations
- Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Judiciary
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Appropriations
- House Armed Services
- House Budget
- House Financial Services
- House Foreign Affairs
- House Homeland Security
- House Intelligence
- House Judiciary
- House Oversight and Government Reform
- House Transportation & Infrastructure
1-Day Turnaround Time
Transcripts coming from the following are generated within 1 day.
- Appropriations Committee (House and Senate)
- Armed Services Committee (House and Senate)
- Intelligence Committee (House and Senate)
- Executive branch (Cabinet secretaries)
Same-Day Turnaround Time
- Official POTUS events (typically rushed same-day)
- Bureau of the Census hearings
- Federal Reserve Chair: same-day turnaround time for hearings and quarterly briefings.
- DoD and Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS)
**Please note turnaround time is in days, not hours, and weekends and holidays are excluded. Breaking news and other events may change our default turnaround times.**
On the transcripts requests page on the website, clients have the option to request any hearing. However, hearings and other events cannot be covered if there is no audio or if they are closed or classified.
Clients should include a requested turnaround time when requesting a hearing, which will be honored on a first come first serve basis, subject to scheduling availability.
Clients can request hearing turnaround times be upgraded, but those requests may not always be granted based on schedule availability.
When clients ask for a same-day turnaround time, please keep these conditions in mind: Same-day requests must be ordered at least 24 hours before the event; we cannot order same-day turnaround the same day the hearing is happening. For hearings that have a late start time, there may be the possibility that they cannot be given a same-day turnaround time but can be given a 1-day turnaround time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.