Engage supports the ability for developers to pre-fill forms with data through the use of URL parameters. That is, when iframing in an engagement to a specific member or employee based website, developers can pre-fill the forms within that engagement by including data in the URL.
How Does it Work?
When linking to a specific Engagement page that contains a form, a developer can include URL parameters to pre-fill the fields within that form. An example:
This would pre-fill the form with Steve Smith of Washington, DC 20001.
What Fields are Supported?
All standard fields within the system are supported. These fields include:
- repprefix: Must be one of a set of values, see the Advocate Import Guide for a listing
- repmiddleName: Maximum 60 characters
- replastName: Maximum 60 characters
- repsuffix: Must be one of a set of values
- repaddress1: Maximum 250 characters
- repaddress2: Maximum 250 characters
- repcity: Maximum 250 characters
- repstate: USPS 2-character abbreviation - ex: AK, AL, CA, MS
- repzip: Can either be a 5 digit or 9 digit Zip Code
- repcountry: Maximum 2 characters
- repphone: Maximum 50 characters
- repemail: Maximum 250 characters
- repfirstName: Maximum 60 characters
Additionally, the URL pre-fill mechanism supports custom questions. Should you include custom questions within the form you're iframing into your site, you can pre-fill answers by:
repanswer.xxx: Maximum 2000 characters
In this case, xxx will be the Custom Question System Name, for example:
Custom Question Label Name: What is your favorite color?
Custom Question System Name: FavoriteColor
URL Parameter to Use: answer.FavoriteColor