When you're ready to begin creating your email, you'll be able to do so in different areas of the system. The quickest way to begin creating an email is to hover over Create then click Email.
You will also be able to create a new email from any existing list that has been created by you or from users in your organization. Click on the appropriate list from the homepage. You can also hover over Review from the menu and click My Lists (1). From the list, click the circle to the left of the list's row (2) and then the button in the top right corner (3).
Alternatively, you can click on the name of the List to open it, then click the button in the top right corner.
Adding recipients can be done from a list or by adding individuals. For individuals, with the option highlighted, start entering a name into the text field and select the appropriate name from the dropdown list. Repeat if you need to add more people.
You can opt to choose the Lists option, and add recipients from a list, or create a new list for distribution by clicking the build a new list link. (Note: if you started the email creation process from a list, the name of that list will be populated in the field automatically.) Should you need to exclude any individuals from the list, you can enter the name into the Exclude Individuals field and select the name(s) from the list to have them excluded from the email distribution.
MESSAGE DETAILS AND BODY
When creating and distributing your email messages, Knowlegis gives you the flexibility of sending those messages but giving the appearance that it is coming from another person. In the message details, you can complete the available fields as desired.
- From Name - Name that displays to show from whom the email has been sent (can be on someone's behalf)
- Message From Email - Email address that will display on the message to the recipients (do NOT have to be the email of the sender if the message is being sent on behalf of another person)
- Message Reply-to Email (Optional) - Should any replies come from recipients, this is the address that those messages would be sent to
Next, enter in the subject for the message. One important change from old Knowlegis in this field is that it no longer accepts the usage of merge fields (you can still use merge fields in the body of the email). Compose your message in the text field using any of the tools available. Another important change to note is that you can now upload a picture directly into the email without using a URL or image hosting site. You can paste the image directly into the test field or upload from your computer! Also, with New Knowlegis, you won't have to compose a separate plain text version for your email; The system will automatically include a plain text version for anyone who cannot view the HTML version in their inbox.
TEST EMAIL AND DELIVERY
Before sending you email to the masses, you have the option of sending a test email to one or more email address(es). For multiple email addresses, enter each email and separate them with commas or line breaks.
Once you are ready to deliver this email to recipients, or if you want to come back and make changes later, you can do so in the Delivery Date & Time section. You will have the following options:
- Save as Draft - saves the email but does not send it. This allows you to come back to make any changes before you're ready to send
- Send message as soon as possible - sends to email to the recipients listed immediately
- Send message at specific date and time - allows you to set the date and time when the email is to be sent to recipients. This allows greater flexibility for planning if the email is ready to go out but does not necessarily need to be sent immediately (if selected, you will be prompted to enter in the date and time that the email should be delivered)
Once your email is completed, and the delivery criteria has been set, click Confirm. If you would like to cancel this email, and not send or save any of the information entered, click Cancel.