- Step One: Curate Your CQ Newsletters
- Step Two: Get to Know the Data
- Step Three: Run a Search
- Step Four: Set An Alert
If you're just getting started with CQ's platform, follow these steps to begin making the most of the data, tools and content you have access to.
Step One: Curate Your CQ Newsletters
CQ offers tons of valuable newsletters, but that doesn't mean you have to subscribe to all of them. To personalize and curate the newsletters you receive in your inbox, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your CQ Federal platform at plus.cq.com.
- Once logged in, click on ‘My Account in the upper righthand corner.
- Click on ‘Account settings’ below your name.
- Click on ‘My CQ Newsletters’ on the left hand side.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters of your choice.
Step Two: Get to Know the Data
Now, you can start to dig into the data CQ provides for tracking bills, members, Congressional schedules and more. To do so, simply head to 'Research' in the top toolbar and click on whichever data set you'd like to explore. See here for a deeper dive into the legislative tracking tools found under 'Research.'
Step Three: Run a Search
CQ's Advanced Search helps you find anything you’re looking for in CQ Federal’s platform. This means everything from bill information to committee hearings, markups, specific votes, news content and more.
To run a search, follow these steps:
- Once logged in, click on ‘Advanced Search’ in the upper righthand corner.
- Click ‘Show all sources’ to the right of ‘Documents & Analysis.’
- Select your sources by clicking the box to the left of the source.
- Add your criteria, and search!
See here for an in-depth look at searching.
Step Four: Set An Alert
Take advantage of CQ Federal’s powerful searching capabilities to set an email alert to be notified of any updates to a bill, topic, series of keywords, committee, series of markups, member and more.
Follow these steps to set an email alert:
- Navigate to ‘Advanced Search’ in the upper righthand corner of the homepage of CQ Federal.
- Click ‘Show all Sources’ to the right of ‘Documents & Analysis.’
- Select your sources.
- Add any relevant additional criteria, like a specific member, committee, subject or keywords.
- Click ‘Search’. If the search yields the desired results, click ‘Save as Alert’ in the upper righthand corner.
Please sign in to leave a comment.