When a member important to you speaks, we make it easier than ever to find and replay the footage. CQ Floor Video provides searchable, streaming, gavel-to-gavel video coverage of the House and Senate floor, all uploaded within minutes of occurrence.
Where to Find Floor Video
To access Floor Video, simply head to 'Research' → 'Bills' → 'Floor Video.'
Searching for Video
On the Floor Video page, you'll see a few options for searching through the clips.
At the top is an option to view clips by the House or Senate. Bear in mind that all clips listed on both of these pages will be in chronological order and new clips are added ever 1.5 - 2 minutes.
You can also opt to search for clips by Member, Keywords or Date. Bear in mind that you can add multiple filters for your search, like a member and date, keywords and a member, or all three.
To download only specific selections of full video clips, follow these steps:
- Click the clip you’d like to edit and/or save and hit “Create a Clip.”
- Add a title for your clip and a description, if you’d like.
- Select the start and end time of your clip. If you’re not sure, watch the clip via the player on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click “Save Clip.”
- Download the clip via the popup that appears after saving.
Head to “My Clips” to download or edit any of your saved clips at any point.
1. Is Floor Video the same thing as C-Span?
No - CQ's Floor Video is from our own proprietary footage.
2. How far back can I search for clips?
You can search for clips going all the way back to the 108th Congress (January 2003).
3. How often are clips added?
Clips directly from the floor are added to the platform every 1.5 - 2 minutes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.