- Content Included
- Receiving House Action Reports
- Finding House Action Reports
Unique and proprietary to CQ, House Action Reports is a newsletter that includes five distinct document types specifically designed to prepare House members and their staff for the day ahead and the week ahead on the House floor. The newsletter includes everything from Floor schedules to summaries of bills to be considered and more.
House Action Reports encompasses five distinct document types sent to your inbox. They include:
Lists the day’s legislative agenda for the House floor, including a list of all amendments and motions (with summaries) expected to be offered, as well as the rules under which each measure will be considered.
Published on Friday nights, Legislative Week summarizes and analyzes every bill scheduled for consideration in the coming week, including updates for any items that get scheduled mid-week.
CQ’s comprehensive coverage of the biggest, most complex bills (appropriations, omnibuses, overhauls and more) and break them down into intelligible analysis.
Highlights and explains changes to legislation agreed to during debate and consideration, including summaries of each amendment’s impact on the legislation, sponsor(s) and the vote breakdown.
A section-by-section breakdown and analysis of the changes made to legislation by the conference committee, including pertinent comparisons to the original House bill.
Receiving House Action Reports
If your organization has access to House Action Reports and you aren't seeing the following kinds of emails in your inbox, click here to send an email to CQ's Support team.
Setting Your Own Alert
If you'd like to select only certain document types included in House Action Reports to be sent to your inbox as opposed to all five, follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Advanced Search’ in the upper righthand corner of the homepage of CQ Federal.
- Click ‘Show all Sources’ to the right of ‘Documents & Analysis.’
- Select ‘CQ House’ underneath ‘Documents & Analysis.’
- Scroll down to where you see the dropdown labeled ‘Keywords.’ Click, and select ‘Types of Publications.’
- Select the document types you wish to be alerted on. Hold down the “Command” key on your computer to select multiple.
- Hit Search.
- Click ‘Save as Alert’ in the upper righthand corner.
Finding House Action Reports
If you'd like to search through the archives of House Action Reports content, or find a specific publication type, head to 'Analyze' → 'CQ House'. Here, you’ll find a search engine built for locating content published through House Action Reports.
Please sign in to leave a comment.